Grid Properties through Urban Strategic Investments, its joint venture with Gotham Organization, Inc., has created significant value by developing high quality retail and entertainment destinations in historically and culturally significant urban communities. Our success in urban retail development comes from a combination of strategic advantages including:
- Being at the forefront of emerging retail trends. Our success attracting national retailers to high quality projects in Harlem and Washington DC has helped to pave the way for America’s diverse urban areas to become the next frontier in retail expansion and development.
- Exceptional financial strength and stability. Gotham has been under one family’s ownership for more than 75 years and Grid for almost 30 years. To date Urban Strategic Investments has internally funded 100% of the equity required for what is now valued at approximately $300 million in real estate assets.
- Visionary development concepts. Thoughtful collaboration with design professionals; successful management of political and community dynamics; an established track record among retailers; and strong lender relationships.
- A hands on approach to controlling the cost and schedule of construction projects from conceptual design through occupancy. Gotham Construction, a subsidiary of Gotham Organization, Inc., and consistently one of Engineering News Records largest general contractors is either the general contractor or construction manager on all projects. Grid - an experienced development manager and program manager for both its own portfolio as well as third party clients - provides overall project management.
- All of our projects have been built with steadfast support from local community organizations, elected officials and the public sector.
- A long-term view and commitment to our projects. Urban Strategic Investments continues to own and manage its assets after development, with on-site teams that are experienced at successfully operating in dense urban environments.